Friday, September 1, 2017

Last days in Sointula



Big Rock cottage
It's Friday morning, and I should be sitting in my apartment in Manhattan. Well, Pacific Coastal Airline let me down again: the plane from Port Hardy to Vancouver was an hour late taking off, so I missed my connecting flight to New York yesterday afternoon. I checked in at the very pleasant Rosedale on Robson Hotel Suites in the heart of downtown Vancouver, took a walk along the seawall, and stopped at Sunset Beach to swim. Lovely afternoon, and there is nothing like staying in a well-run hotel for comfort, even if I am delayed returning home until Saturday morning.

The last few days in Sointula went by somewhat hectically. There are always people to see, not to forget all the loans that had to be returned, e.g., the bike that I pedaled on the past two months. Oh, and of course packing. If I had not bought so many books on my excursion to Germany in late July, my bags would not now be so heavy. After all, I always leave a box of summer clothes with H****** at the end of my stay. Reminder: be very selective what I bring next time in the way of books.


On Yo's deck
On Tuesday evening I went to Yo's for drinks. Janine was already sitting outside on Yo's deck, one of my favorite places in Sointula. We made an excursion to the Burger Barn for dinner: so reliable!

The picture at the top is of my summer home, painted by Tyler Wallace. He even captured Yours Truly and her bike.

At the Burger Barn
Thanks to all my Sointula friends for your generosity and friendship, and I look forward to seeing you next summer. In the meantime, I will continue to post occasionally, adding pictures from the past two months and even from previous years, not to forget discoursing on the nature of utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment