Monday, July 1, 2019

Return to Sointula

I returned for my summer sojourn two weeks ago already, and it has been filled with lots of good work on my novel: I accomplish more in three hours of a morning than in several days in Manhattan. You cannot buy the quiet that I enjoy on this island. As I sit writing this, it is July 1, Canada Day. There were celebrations today down at the harbor, of which I will post pictures later, including my annual photo of myself with Mounties. (Click on photos to enlarge.)

Walk on the beach near the lighthouse
Herewith, however, a few pictures from early days here, which included a walk to the lighthouse with the Thursday morning hikers. And also my workspace in the kitchen; I have another desk in the living room. The temperature here in the mornings hovers around 55 degrees F; thus, the mittens drying on the window ledge. There has also been a new resident at the Art Shed, Liz Toohey-Wiese, whose recent paintings have as their subject the forest fires that ravage so much of British Columbia every summer.


Zeballos wildfire
Liz Toohey-Wiese in Art Shed studio

No comments:

Post a Comment